Be a Guest Artist!
Juried Call for Proposals: Professional Guest Artist
Art City invites local, national, and international professional artists to submit proposals to lead collaborative art workshops at our studio in 2017/18. For more details please review the request for proposals available for download here.
Submission deadline Monday February 6th, 2017
Ongoing Open Call for Proposals: Community artist series
Art City is hiring Winnipeg based artists for our Community Guest Artist Series to lead collaborative art workshops at our main studio and at the Community Programs sites in Daniel Mac, Spence, Central Winnipeg, Transcona, Elwick and West Alexander.
There is no deadline for submissions
Artists can submit workshop proposals using the application form, available for download here. Please attach a CV or Resume if available.
Things to keep in mind while writing an Art City workshop proposal:
- Workshops should be suitable for all ages
- Workshops can be for 1, 2, or 3 days, maximum once per year per artist.
- Artists are welcome to submit more than one workshop idea
- Workshops should be designed so that participants are able to express individual creativity
Fees and scheduling
- Selected guest artists will receive a $25/hour guest artist fee
- Guest artists must be able to be at Art City from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. or similar after school hours at our Community Programs sites. Transportation from Art City to the sites and back can be arranged.
- First time guest artists will be asked to visit Art City or a Community Program site during open hours before their own workshop
- Selected guest artists will be asked to provide a Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check eligible for reimbursement by Art City
Please submit your proposals in PDF form to
-Eddie Ayoub, Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to work in the main studio
-Natalie Ferguson, outreach manager at email@example.com if you would like to work at one of our Community Programs sites.
Proposals can also be dropped off at Art City during office hours, Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm.
Art City relies on volunteers in order to offer the quality of services our participants need and deserve. Volunteers contribute their valuable time and energy, and Art City will ensure a worthwhile, fun, and positive learning experience for all involved. For volunteer inquires, please contact Toby Gillies at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the Art City volunteer application form.